st: Question on ROC analysis

From   Megan Deitchler <>
Subject   st: Question on ROC analysis
Date   Thu, 19 May 2011 14:46:56 -0400

I am interested in carrying out a simple two variable ROC analysis.

I want to assess how well low values of my x variable predict a low value of
my y variable (e.g. y variable with cutoff less than 200).

However, if I understand correctly, the conventional ROC analysis in Stata
creates the ROC by using incrementally increasing values of x to predict y.

How do I adapt the analysis so that the AUC result I obtain will
be consistent with the relationship I am interested in quantifying?