Re: st: reshape WDI from wide to long format

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: reshape WDI from wide to long format
Date   Mon, 16 May 2011 17:18:56 +0200

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 4:41 PM, Sami Alameen <> wrote:
> Hi all, the data is list with the following column headers:
> countryname countrycode seriesname seriescode y1960 ...... y2010
> My question is how to plug these variables into the reshape command

I am guessing that you forgot the -string- option in -reshape-. There
have recently been a host of examples for this type of problems
published on the Statalist, for example:

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen