RE: st: WG: Present n in graphs

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: WG: Present n in graphs
Date   Mon, 16 May 2011 10:49:56 +0100

Now your question is about -graph bar-'s -blabel()-.

In some brief experimentation I didn't find a good way to combine stacking and showing the numbers too. You need the colours to distinguish the bars but with the colours the numbers are not very visible.

I guess if I had to do this I would use very pale colours, but This sort of difficulty is one of the reasons I wrote -tabplot- (SSC).

Kaulisch, Marc

Nick, unfortunately in my concrete examples the best graphs need stacked graphs and then blabel does not help much, or do I miss something again?

sysuse auto
catplot rep78 foreign, perc(foreign) stack asyvars blabel(bar)

Nick Cox

-catplot- does not need such an option. You can reach through and use the -blabel(bar, )- option of -graph bar- or -graph bar-. There are examples in the help, which stresses that "[s]howing numbers as text as well by graphical elements can be helpful".

This works with the dot chart variant too.

Same applies to -statplot-.