Re: st: WG: Present n in graphs

From   Eric Booth <>
To   "<>" <>
Subject   Re: st: WG: Present n in graphs
Date   Mon, 16 May 2011 08:11:54 +0000

Hi Marc:

Here's an example:
sysuse auto, clear
graph hbox mpg, over(foreign)

levelsof for, loc(ll)
foreach v in `ll' {
qui su for if for==`v', d
loc nn = `r(N)'
lab	def origin `v' `"`:lab origin `v'' (n = `nn')"', modify
lab li
qui su for, d
graph hbox mpg, over(foreign) note(total n = `r(N)')
Also, there are more detailed examples/tips on my site:

- Eric
Eric A. Booth
Public Policy Research Institute
Texas A&M University