Re: st: Weighty Matter

Subject   Re: st: Weighty Matter
Date   Sun, 15 May 2011 16:11:11 -0400

Alistair Windsor (U of M) <alistair.windsor@gmail.com> :

Using pweights is equivalent to using aweights and requesting robust
SE, which are pretty much always a good idea.  Using aweights is
easier with some commands, though, e.g. to get a simple mean where one
is not concerned with correct SE.

So use pweights unless you don't care about the SE, in which case
using aweights is equivalent.

If you want to implement a reweighting scheme with negative weights
you will have to use iweights, at your own risk.