Re: st: too good to be true : lr test in mlogit?

Subject   Re: st: too good to be true : lr test in mlogit?
Date   Fri, 13 May 2011 12:56:12 +0200

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 11:21 AM, John Litfiba wrote:
> But after various tentatives I think that it is not computationally
> feasible (at least on my PC) to fit a random or fixed effect logit on
> such a large dataset

I would not give up on that yet. I would select my model on a sample
of your data (I would sample higher level units, rather than
individual observations), and than try to run the chosen model on your
entire data, e.g. by starting it on Friday and letting it run over the
weekend, or find a colleague who is away for a couple of days and ask
that colleague if you can use his/her computer.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie