st: export table of summary statistics to excel

From   Denise Sengül <>
Subject   st: export table of summary statistics to excel
Date   Fri, 13 May 2011 11:48:49 +0200

Dear all,

I am searching to export tables of the following form

table var1 var2 [pweight=x], c(mean var3) row col

I tried out the replace option of the table command and then exported the
new dataset with outsheet.
However, the exported table was in a horrible format in excel. This is not
due to the separation value but just to the arrangement of the table
entries. They are rather listed one below the other. I just want exactly
the same matrix format shown in the stata table before but I haven't found
any solution for this yet.
Neither tabout nor tabstat nor anything else has worked.

I'd be extremely grateful for any help.

Denise Sengül