Re: st: Bootstrap error message

Subject   Re: st: Bootstrap error message
Date   Wed, 11 May 2011 12:13:19 -0400

Stas--
Alistair says he is aware of the result from Imbens that shows the
bootstrap is inconsistent for matching, so quite the opposite of what
you wanted him to cite.  Why anyone would pursue the bootstrap knowing
it will not produce correct SEs is beyond me.
He also claims that reweighting fails to achieve balance, which I find
implausible at best.