st: RE: margins

From   "Jesper Lindhardsen" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: margins
Date   Wed, 11 May 2011 08:40:13 +0200

Hi Ann,

If you use Stata 11 then you should use ## instead of * if you want the
full interaction terms, ie. logistic preterm i.bir_grp##i.age_gr2a

Otherwise, it is difficult to say without your actual syntax (and Stata

Ann wrote:

Am trying to use margins in the following model

Logistic preterm i.bir_grp*i.age_gr2a  other categorical variables

Bir_grp has 4 levels, and age_gp2a has 5 levels

I get an error message "factor bir_grp not found in e(b)"

Question , have I mis-specified the model  and how can I get margins to
give me the table

Ann E Fitzmaurice
Medical Statistician
Immpact University of Aberdeen
Health Sciences Building
Aberdeen, AB25 2ZD
Tel: +44 (0)1224 553876
 Fax: +44 (0)1224 555704

The University of Aberdeen is a charity registered in Scotland, No