Re: st: Creating a time lag dummy

From   TA Stat <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Creating a time lag dummy
Date   Wed, 11 May 2011 05:57:27 +0700

I will assume your data in a long format.  Creat a new variable
represents IPO year.  That means one company will have many rows, but
has the same value of IPO variable.  Subtract year (2000 to 2010) from
IPO year.  Difference less than 5 should be "1" in a new dummy
variable, others will be "0".

Hope this works.

Peter