st: -favplots- available from SSC

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   st: -favplots- available from SSC
Date   Tue, 10 May 2011 18:17:02 +0100

Thanks to Kit Baum as usual, a new package -favplots- has been posted on SSC.

As promised in

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2011-04/msg01294.html

this is just a program to get a friendlier-formatted alternative to -avplots- after -regress-. Stata 9 up is required. The program is indicative, and certainly not definitive, and intended to underline that you can change the presentation of graphs if you don't like the default.

Thus -avplots- will happily emit axis titles with coefficient estimates and t statistics to 8 decimal places and 4,5,6 significant figures, which is not what I want myself or my students to be looking at.

This might be considered a belated update of -avplots2- (SSC), which is for Stata 7.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk