st: Seeking SAS help

From   David Kantor <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   st: Seeking SAS help
Date   Mon, 09 May 2011 12:30:57 -0400

Yes, I did say SAS, and I know this is Statalist.

But I wonder if there are some of you Statalisters who have some SAS expertise as well, and who might be able to offer some help. I'm enhancing a program that reads SAS code (for translation to Stata and Stat/Transfer), and I need clarification on how some features are supposed to work. I'm running up against skimpy documentation and strange behavior.

In particular, I need help with the use of multipliers in grouped informats in the input statement (such as 4* $6.), as well as commas in grouped informats.

If anyone can help, I'd be greatly appreciative, and you'll get a free license for the aforementioned program. Please reply privately.
--David Kantor