Re: st: imputation of missing dates

From   Yulia Blomstedt <sungurik@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: imputation of missing dates
Date   Mon, 9 May 2011 13:50:55 +0200

Dear Marteen and Carlo, thank you for the valuable advise!

Dear Roland, thank you for your input. Unfortunately, we do not know
the exact date of the invitation (only the year). One could have
calculated it from the date of birth, but we know only the year of
birth.
We need EXAMDATE for non-participants in order to conduct a survival
analysis (we know the exact date of death).
My first choice was to calculate the survival from the YEAR when
indviduals were invited to participate in the examination. Since, this
would result in an inprecise person-time, I tried to explore the
possiblity of creating an exact EXAMDATE. After all the received
advice, this, however, does not seem as a very good alternative.

Sincerely,
Yulia