Re: st: accessing pdf documentation

From   Hiroyuki Kawakatsu <>
Subject   Re: st: accessing pdf documentation
Date   Mon, 9 May 2011 12:46:42 +0100

On Mon, 9 May 2011 Abhimanyu Arora wrote:
> I get the following message when I try to access the pdf documentation
> under the help tab
> Is there a way to fix this up/alternative way to view the pdf
> documentation?

if you are on a un*x machine, look for the file 'stata_pdf' in your
stata installation directory and modify it (after making a backup copy
as advised in the script) according to your pdf viewer command syntax.
for an example of a modified version that works with xpdf (which i use
happily without problems so far), see