Re: st: Executing do-file yields no output

From   George Mailbox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Executing do-file yields no output
Date   Mon, 9 May 2011 12:11:37 +0100

Nick,

Many thanks for getting back.

You mentioned "do" is silent, with online sources suggesting "run"
suppresses the output, for instance:

do filename [arguments] , [nostop]
    Executes the specified do-file.
    nostop allows to continue execution even if an error occurs.
    On-line, context: 1, 2

run filename [arguments] , [nostop]
    Executes the specified do-file suppressing the output, except for erors.
    nostop allows to continue execution even if an error occurs.
    On-line, context

(Source: http://web.missouri.edu/~kolenikovs/stata/Duke/commands.html#)

Further, it appears that the terms "do" and "run" are often used
interchangeably as in "run a do file using the do command" which
complicates matters for beginners.

My question thus boils down to:
How can I execute my do-file such that Stata displays the regression
estimates in the command window and the log-file?

Best wishes,
George Hylden