Re: st: Histogram, with customize intervals

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Histogram, with customize intervals
Date   Mon, 9 May 2011 09:16:24 +0100

-hist3- is from SSC and is for Stata version 6. Remember: you are
asked to explain _where_ user-written programs you refer to come from.
Evidently the author is not maintaining it; otherwise it would have
been ported to Stata 8 long since.

If you have just two intervals, you might as well use -graph bar-.

Alternatively, see

SJ-4-1  gr0003  . . . . . . . . . . . . Speaking Stata: Graphing distributions
        Q1/04   SJ 4(1):66--88                                   (no commands)
        a review of official and user-written commands for
        graphing univariate distributions; includes tricks
        beyond what is obviously and readily available

for discussion of unequal bin widths in histograms.

(English idioms vary across the world, but while "some code" sounds
very natural to me to refer to one or more programs, "a code" suggests
to me only a cipher.)

Nick