Re: st: labvarch-like command for value labels

From   "Dimitriy V. Masterov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: labvarch-like command for value labels
Date   Sun, 8 May 2011 16:41:59 -0400

I would like to change value labels themselves. For example, take the
foreign variable from the auto dataset. Is there a way to add the word
Automobile so that the value labels become "Foreign Automobile" and
"Domestic Automobile" and then to replace "Automobile" with "Car"?

These are trivial examples and strrec would definitely work if I was
willing to type things out, but I would like to avoid that when there
are many labels.

DVM