Re: st: nlsur aids

From   "Brian P. Poi" <brian@poiholdings.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: nlsur aids
Date   Fri, 06 May 2011 21:03:01 -0400

On 05/06/2011 08:48 PM, Ana wrote:
Dear Statalisters (in particular, Brian Poi),

My goal is to specify one AIDS model to estimate  Five demand
equations. I'm suing the nlsur quaids program (changing for aids
model) based on Poi (2008).
I receive the following error message:
"nlsuraids returned 198
  verify that nlsuraids is afunction evaluator program
  r(198) "

Can anyone help me solve this?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Best regards,
Ana.

My model has the form:

	tempname a1 a2 a3 a4
	scalar `a1' = `at'[1,1]
	scalar `a2' = `at'[1,2]
	scalar `a3' = `at'[1,3]
	scalar `a4' = `at'[1,4]
	scalar `a5' = 1 - `a1' - `a2' - `a3' - `a4'

Your only problem is that you forgot to declare the temporary scalar a5. Change that -tempname- line to

        tempname a1 a2 a3 a4 a5

   -- Brian Poi
   -- brian@poiholdings.com