st: Wald test in IV Tobit

From   "Lamla, Bettina" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Wald test in IV Tobit
Date   Fri, 6 May 2011 17:31:28 +0200

Hi everyone,

I estimate a Tobit model using instruments.

I am not sure how to interpret the Wald test of exogeneity (see below). I searched the archive but I am still not entirely sure about the interpretation. You have my apologies for repeating the question here!

Tobit model with endogenous regressors            Number of obs   =       4793

(I omit the output)

Instrumented:  net_worth_ratio
Instruments:   age agesq college_degree abitur_fachhoch realschule
               have_children positive_expectations male household_size
               married employed self_employed west_germany home_owner
               year_dummy3 year_dummy4 lag_net_worth_ratio
Wald test of exogeneity (/alpha = 0): chi2(1) =     0.94  Prob > chi2 = 0.3330

Thanks in advance!

Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung e.V. (RWI)
Hohenzollernstr. 1-3
D-45128 Essen

Phone: +49-201-8149-0
Fax: +49-201-8149-200

Executive Board/Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Christoph M. Schmidt, (Präsident),
Prof. Dr. Thomas K. Bauer (Vizepräsident), Prof. Dr. Wim Kösters
Registration-No./VR 1784 beim Amtsgericht Essen