Re: st: Programming courses

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Programming courses
Date   Wed, 4 May 2011 17:27:16 +0100

Everyone's right -- for different meanings of the question.

If "programming" just is code for better understanding and use of
Stata, StataCorp's net courses and Kit Baum's book are all excellent
and would certainly help. And plenty of people have put up good
teaching materials. Alan's stuff looks like an excellent example.

If "programming" means "I want to write Stata programs", strict sense,
again the higher level  StataCorp courses will help, and Kit's book
too.

That said, the best single resource is at your fingertips. Read [U]
again and again until you've internalised it all.

Nick