st: duplicate cases in data cleaning

From   Jet <lsj555@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: duplicate cases in data cleaning
Date   Mon, 2 May 2011 12:21:07 -0400

Hi,

    Could anyone point me to how to resolve the following situation
during the stage of data cleaning?

The structure of the data is like this. If an individual has taken any
type of hypertension medicine, then drug is coded as 1.

    ID    Drug
  101      1
  101      0
  200      1
  200      1

Now I need to combine cases by adding up the "drug" variable such that
it looks like:

   ID    Drug
  101      1
  200      2