Re: st: RE: Hausman test (via a Wald test)

From   Christopher Baum <kit.baum@bc.edu>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Hausman test (via a Wald test)
Date   Sun, 1 May 2011 12:23:27 -0400

<>

John said

> Thus, I am suggesting that one uses the Wald postestimation test following the OLS model to determine whether the estimate/s of the OLS model is/are significantly different from the estimate/s of the IV model. My question has to do with the fact that the Wald test, in this case, tests the OLS coefficient/s against a specific value/s (that of the IV estimator) and ignores the variance in the IV estimate/s--so I was wondering whether this was econometrically sound to do.

To that point, please see section 5 of Baum-Schaffer-Stillman, Stata Journal 2003:

http://www.stata-journal.com/sjpdf.html?articlenum=st0030