st: RE: RE: xtmixed and missing data

From   "Hoffman, George" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: xtmixed and missing data
Date   Fri, 29 Apr 2011 12:29:07 -0500

I think you need to reshape your data to long format, with each row representing a unique observation identified by subject and year, and the xtset your data.
Xtreg handles missing values well, but you'll need to be clear about your model assumptions.
I would guess that you then probably want to predict the values at year = 4.

Refer to:
xt data

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Dennis Kramer
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2011 5:15 AM
Subject: st: RE: xtmixed and missing data

I am estimating an xtmixed function while controlling previous year
experience/achievement. How I am using three previous year testing
data to predict the current year's performance. However, I do not want
to exclude individuals in my sample who do not have a score in each of
three years. Currently, when I am estimating the predicted value, it
is dropping all those who do not have a value in each variable.

Is there is a command I could use to allow data to be estimated on the
number of data points an individual has? Overview of my data is as

Subject # --- Year X Test --- Year X-1 Test ---- Year X-2 Test ---
Year X-3 Test ---- Covariates

Thank you