st: generate stata variables in mata and set the names from matrices

From   Cyrus Levy <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: generate stata variables in mata and set the names from matrices
Date   Fri, 29 Apr 2011 05:05:14 -0500

I want to generate stata variables in mata, and set the names of those variables using a mata matrix. I use the code below which is supposed to work -it works when I enter the lines line by line-, but then when I run it in a do file, it doesn't work. It doesn't generate a HHI_R50 variable. It generates a HHI_R variable with no extension referring to the corresponding matrix value. What's wrong?

mata
radian=(50,75,200)
  for (rd=1; rd<=cols(radian); rd++) {
        st_matrix("radian", radian)