st: Left truncation in survival analysis

From   Yigit Aydede <>
Subject   st: Left truncation in survival analysis
Date   Wed, 27 Apr 2011 17:31:42 +0000

I am new to Stata.  I am estimating a hazard model of unemployment duration.  The dataset is a two-year monthly panel.  The first observation starts in 01/2006 for each individual and indicates if the person is unemployed or not.  However, if she is unemployed in 01/2006, there is no way to know how long she has been unemployed. That is, I have lots of individuals without information on their true onset of risk.  My question: is there any way to introduce this situation to Stata?  Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Yigit Aydede
Department of Economics
Saint Mary's University