Re: st: Static or dynamically linked install on Ubuntu 64 bit

From   David Muller <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Static or dynamically linked install on Ubuntu 64 bit
Date   Thu, 28 Apr 2011 00:26:32 +1000

As a late follow up to this post, it is no longer sufficient to create
the symbolic link /usr/lib/libtiff.so.3 --> /usr/lib/libtiff.so.4 when
installing dynamically linked Stata under the recent release of 64 bit
Ubuntu (11.04). In order to get the dynamically linked version of
xstata to run you will need to compile and install the tiff-3.7.4
binaries from source.

Cheers,
David