Re: st: log file

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: log file
Date   Wed, 27 Apr 2011 10:53:51 +0100 (BST)

--- On Wed, 27/4/11, Humaira Asad wrote:
> I always save my log file when I work on Stata but when I
> want to see the previous log file through
> I see few outputs in the beginning of the file and can't
> see the whole log file. How can i access the complete log
> file? or how to I save it to view it complete?

I am not quite sure what you mean. May a concrete example
like the one below can help clarify your question. If you
run the example below it will at the end show what I would
consider a complete log file. How does this example change
from what you are doing, or do you want to see more in your

Hope this helps,

*----------- begin example -----------
// change this directory to one
// that exists on your computer
cd c:/temp

log using foo.smcl, replace

sysuse auto, clear
sum mpg
reg price foreign rep78

log close

view "foo.smcl"
(For more on examples I sent to the Statalist see: )

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen
Wilhelmstrasse 36