st: tabout column alignment

From   William Trick <>
Subject   st: tabout column alignment
Date   Tue, 26 Apr 2011 13:25:05 -0500

I am exploring use of tabout rather than the copy and paste route for
tabular output.

I have been exporting as text & the column alignment is off (see
below); I have been unable to reformat the columns so that they align.

PRACTICE        No.     %
No      92      100.0%
Total   92      100.0%

tabout PRACTICE using aaa.txt, cell(freq col) format(0 1p) replace

Any suggestions?