Re: st: Choice of bw() in ivreg2

From   Christopher Baum <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: Choice of bw() in ivreg2
Date   Tue, 26 Apr 2011 10:38:18 -0400

On Apr 26, 2011, at 2:33 AM, Luciano wrote:

> How do I choose the bandwith (bw()) option in ivreg2?
> There's evidence of autocorrelation in the disturbances of 17th order.
> Then is 17 a good candidate?

The bw() should be one more than the lag order that you would use in -newey-, so probably 18 in your example. -ivreg2- from SSC also supports automatic bw selection, so you might try that option and see what it chooses.

coauthor ivreg2

                              An Introduction to Stata Programming  |