st: variance-covariance matrix of the marginal effects of a logit and probit

From   "Mongeon, Kevin" <kmongeon@newhaven.edu>
Subject   st: variance-covariance matrix of the marginal effects of a logit and probit
Date   Tue, 26 Apr 2011 13:15:31 +0000

I was wondering how to calculate (and save) the variance-covariance matrix of the marginal effects of a logit and probit regression.  I am using Stata 11.

Thanks,

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Argyn Kuketayev
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:11 AM
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: decoding patterns for xttrans or other regression models

Hello

I have the data set, where each observation has the following format:

item#,state_history,start_month,end_month
1,111232100,201001,201009
2,1232100,201002,201008

The second column is similar to what is produced by -xt- commands with
-pattern- option.

I need to convert the above compressed format into:
1,1,201001
1,1,201002
1,1,201003
1,2,201004
1,3,201005
1,2,201006
1,1,201007
1,0,201008
1,0,201009
2,1,201002
2,2,201003
2,3,201004
2,2,201005
2,1,201006
2,0,201007
2,0,201008

because I think that -xttrans- and -logit- commands would need in this format, i.e.
item#,state,month

is there an easy way of doing this in Stata? I've been decoding the history field outside Stata 11 so far, but maybe it can do it for me.

cheers
--
Argyn Kuketayev