Re: st: what does "no overidentifiying restriction" result mean for estat overid?

From   John Antonakis <>
Subject   Re: st: what does "no overidentifiying restriction" result mean for estat overid?
Date   Mon, 25 Apr 2011 13:20:55 +0200

Is your model overidentified? That is, do you have more instruments than endogenous regressors (mediators)? You probably don't, which is what is causing the error (though your e-mail is very vague--avoid such vague requests in the future). E.g., run

. webuse auto
. qui ivregress 2sls price (mpg = weight)

Now, typing:
. estat overid

no overidentifying restrictions

Prof. John Antonakis