st: number of observations after mijoin

From   "Lamla, Bettina" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: number of observations after mijoin
Date   Sat, 23 Apr 2011 15:10:54 +0200

Hi everyone!

I have a multiple imputed data set and use the mijoin command.
However something really odd happens: The number of observations is considerably reduced after mijoin. I do not understand why as I thought the command simply converts my data set. Any suggestions  on what is happening?

I use STATA 11.

Thanks and Happy Easter!

Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung e.V. (RWI)
Hohenzollernstr. 1-3
D-45128 Essen

Phone: +49-201-8149-0
Fax: +49-201-8149-200

Executive Board/Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Christoph M. Schmidt, (Präsident),
Prof. Dr. Thomas K. Bauer (Vizepräsident), Prof. Dr. Wim Kösters
Registration-No./VR 1784 beim Amtsgericht Essen