st: assessing overdispersion in xtmelogit

Subject   st: assessing overdispersion in xtmelogit
Date   Fri, 22 Apr 2011 14:47:27 +0000 (UTC)

Dear list

I have run a series of multilevel logistic models using xtmelogit. I was curious to know if there was any way to assess for possible overdispersion in the model. From what I've read most software packages do not provide a mechanism for assessing overdispersion for dichotomous dependent variables, but wanted to make sure this was the case in Stata.