re: st: Standardized coefficients with ivreg2

From   Christopher Baum <>
To   "" <>
Subject   re: st: Standardized coefficients with ivreg2
Date   Wed, 20 Apr 2011 09:50:41 -0400

How can I estimate standardized coefficients in the context of ivreg2?
I don't see it among the options of ivreg2, although I know it is
possible with other commands.

If you mean what are sometimes known as 'beta coefficients', such as the beta option on -regress- provides, just transform your y and X variables with the z-transform before running the regression. Ben Jann's -center- on SSC is a convenient tool for this purpose. You will not need a constant term in the transformed regression, but it doesn't hurt if you include one.

coauthor ivreg2

Kit Baum   |   Boston College Economics and DIW Berlin   |
An Introduction to Stata Programming   |
An Introduction to Modern Econometrics Using Stata   |