st: Census Tract from lat/long or address

From   Sharooon <>
Subject   st: Census Tract from lat/long or address
Date   Tue, 19 Apr 2011 11:27:38 -0700 (PDT)

Dear StataList,
I'm using Stata 10, and I can't figure out how to link census tract information to a data base of about 25,000 residential addresses in the cities of DC and Philadelphia.

I have both residential addresses and lat/long coordinates for the properties, but would like some demographic information on the tract level.

Thank you,