st: convert yearly data into monthly and interpolate

From   D-Ta <>
Subject   st: convert yearly data into monthly and interpolate
Date   Tue, 19 Apr 2011 09:55:43 +0200

Dear List Users,

I have the following yearly data.

id	Label	alq2_2000	alq2_2001	alq2_2002
1	group1	19,3		19,8		18,2
2	group2	19,3		19,8		18,2
3	group3	30,1		24,5		22,9

the alq2_year variables measure group specific unemployment in a given year. I would like to merge it with another data set which consists of monthly data. Before converting my yearly data into a monthly format, I would like to interpolate it such that i get monthly interpolated estimates of alq2. i would appreciate if someone could help.