Re: st: Dyadic fixed effects and areg, absorb

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Dyadic fixed effects and areg, absorb
Date   Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:17:45 +0100

Sorry, but I don't know -- or shouldn't say even if I did. I don't
even know if this is trade, migration, conflicts or anything else, and
none of those are my field. That's surely a matter for you to seek
advice from your supervisor/advisor if you have one, or the
literature.

Supposedly, John von Neumann said "With four parameters I can fit an
elephant, and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk." I know
software makes it much easier to fit complicated models than whenever
he (may have) said that, but more complicated models are not
necessarily better.