st: fixed effects and areg, (absorb)

From   emanuele mazzini <>
Subject   st: fixed effects and areg, (absorb)
Date   Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:11:37 +0200

Dear all Stata users,

I am trying to work out a regression with panel data in which I have
to control for country1, country2 and year.
I tried to ran a regression after creating a dummy for all three of
them and obviously in the result Stata reports the estimates of all
the dummies I created which I do not want to show in the output of the
regression. I tried to get the same result with the command: areg...,
absorb(varname)  but the point is that areg does not allow me to
include more than one variable, and in this case I would need three.
Hence, my brief question is: is there a way to include in the
regression the fixed effects for country1, country2 and year without
Stata showing all the coefficients of the dummies I create?

Thanks to all of you in advance,