st: stset for grouped data

From   "Dherani, Mukesh" <M.K.Dherani@liverpool.ac.uk>
Subject   st: stset for grouped data
Date   Wed, 13 Apr 2011 17:06:10 +0100

Dear Stata experts,
I have grouped data and want to estimate incidence rate each year.  How can I set 'stset' when I don't have individual level data.  Do I need to expand data with certain assumptions?

region year agegp cases population
1 1994 0-4 2 5000
1 1994 5-9 5 2548
1 1994 10-14 6 2547
1 1994 15-19 15 7521
1 1994 20-24 75 7896

I am using stata 10.

Sorry for brevity of message but cannot think what else information should I provide.
Thanks for your help.
Mukesh
University of Liverpool.
UK