Re: st: Re: survival analysis with unknown censoring

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: survival analysis with unknown censoring
Date   Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:35:39 -0400

Dear Leo:

I believe you are referring to a post by Stefan Wagner at http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2010-09/msg00290.html. I responded to that post http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2010-09/msg00429.html

In Stefan's case there were two types of failure, but he observed only one. I can't tell for sure from your question whether you have the same problem, but I don't think so.  I believe that you have four types of firms; please correct me if I am wrong.  All enter in 1988 and observation ends in 2008.

1. Those that have no failures in the study period
2. Those that have one failure in the study period but do not re-enter.
3.  Those that have one failure, re-enter at a later date,  then  fail a second time  in the study period
4. Those that have one failure, re-enter at a later date,  but do not fail by the end of the study period

We would nee to see an example of the real data for one firm of each type, including whatever dates you had, with your actual variable names (not made-up names like "dep.var")

Regards,

Steve

Steven J. Samuels
Consultant in Statistics