st: Fw: influential observations

From   Arti Pandey <rtpandey@yahoo.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Fw: influential observations
Date   Mon, 11 Apr 2011 22:17:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hello
A belated thank you to Maarten Buis and David Greenberg for suggestions to my
previous query.
I decided to go with -glm- for my model and have been trying to understand the
different procedures for checking the model
The anscombe residuals and deviance are  normally distributed, but there are
three influential observations based upon cooksd.
On removing these observations, the BIC rises by 10, and one of the predictors
also becomes insignificant.
Is the model fitting because of these influential observations now and therefore

not correct?
I have continuous response data and used gamma distribution with log link.
Any recommendations for information on model checking after glm are also
appreciated, the book "glm

and extensions" by Hardin and Hilbe is out of my reach, unless an electronic
copy is available.
Thanks
Arti