RE: st: Generating dummies with xi

Subject   RE: st: Generating dummies with xi
Date   Mon, 11 Apr 2011 21:59:03 -0500

At 08:37 PM 4/11/2011, Garry Anderson wrote:
I think another exception to use -xi:- with Stata 11, rather than use
factor variables, is when the following estimation commands are being
used
-exlogistic-, -expoisson-, -qreg-, -iqreg-, -sqreg- and -bsqreg-.

There may be other commands that do not allow factor variables.

There are also probably many user-written commands that have not been updated to work with factor variables. I know my -gologit2- program does not. (Incidentally, I never have liked xi, mostly because of the hideous variable names it creates; I'd rather generate the dummies and interaction terms myself.)

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam