Re: st: RE: Adjusting economist scheme

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Adjusting economist scheme
Date   Mon, 11 Apr 2011 16:26:56 +0100

Although David is basically right, I suggest that rummaging in the
scheme for -s2color- might help. What about -textboxsize note-?

Note that there's a fine balance here. If the choice is between
"sparse documentation" and "better documentation", the election result
is predictable. If the choice is between "better documentation that
only a few people will read" and "some other stuff that many more
people will use", it's not so clear-cut.

It's a chicken-and-egg question. I remember vividly that once I
learned on the release of Stata 8 that you could define your own
schemes, I was convinced that I would do that one day, but I never
have to date. Whether that would have been different if there had been
50 pages of manuals documenting schemes in total detail, I cannot tell
you.

Nick