Re: st: question on local macros ina graph title

From   Eric Booth <ebooth@ppri.tamu.edu>
To   "<statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>" <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   Re: st: question on local macros ina graph title
Date   Mon, 11 Apr 2011 14:25:55 +0000

<>

<>
On Apr 11, 2011, at 9:20 AM, Nick Cox wrote:
> What embedded quotes are you referring to?
> When you define
> local title "Database Analysis"
> the double quote characters " " do not become part of the macro. They
> are just treated as delimiters for the string. Following precisely the
> line above with
> mac li
> will show that. So, my comment remains as it was. Glad you solved your
> problem, but it is not clear why what you did failed to work in the
> first place.
>
> Nick

I *think* one of my earlier responses to this thread (link below) shows why this is the case (but my expl. was buried down near the bottom of this posting, so Nick might have missed it -- or it still may not answer what he's asking about):

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2011-04/msg00481.html

- Eric
__
Eric A. Booth