st: Adjusting economist scheme

From   "Data Analytics Corp." <>
Subject   st: Adjusting economist scheme
Date   Mon, 11 Apr 2011 08:02:28 -0400

I want to use the economist scheme as the basis for a number of graphs I have to produce for a client. However, I want to make some adjustments, in particular the placement of notes -- I want them at the bottom left corner. I studied the economist scheme file and found how to do this. I now want to go one step further and always use very small type for the notes, but this I can't do. I changed "gsize note" to vsmall but this didn't work. How can I change the scheme so that notes are always very small? I know I can always add the option size(vsmall) to the notes command when I create the graph-- I want to avoid this by having it part of the scheme. Any suggestions?

Walter R. Paczkowski, Ph.D.
Data Analytics Corp.
44 Hamilton Lane
Plainsboro, NJ 08536