Re: st: combining local macros

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: combining local macros
Date   Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:58:48 +0100

It's doable. I think you just need to crunch through the possibilities.

foreach y of local b {
      foreach x of local a {
               local xy `xy' `x'`y'
      }
}

At first sight this may seem like something that should be provided
explicitly. (If it is, my ignorance or poor memory is revealed.)
Trouble is, it is easy to think of dozens of such little things that
-- when you need them -- strike you in the same way. So, better to
think that a little work with more general tools gets you there
without too much strain.

Nick