Re: st: Explaining apparent inconsistency in regression coefficients

From   Charles Koss <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Explaining apparent inconsistency in regression coefficients
Date   Fri, 8 Apr 2011 14:47:11 -0500

Since y1 and y2 can be zero and y3 can't since is the sum of y1 and
y2, then,  0.21 seems a resonable estimate given 0.45 and 0.35 (y1 ^
y2) as the slopes for variables that allow for zero values, they tend
to be higher in magnitue, i.e. they are steeper. In contrast, since y3
can not be zero, the coeficient is lower, causing  lower change, a
flater curve in 2D.

Cheers,

Charles

--