Re: st: Testing for rho differences after mvprobit

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Testing for rho differences after mvprobit
Date   Fri, 8 Apr 2011 08:12:35 +0100 (BST)

--- On Thu, 7/4/11, Jaime Gómez wrote:
> I have estimated a model through the "mvprobit" command of
> Capellari and Jenkins. I would like to test whether the
> differences in the rhos are statistically significant. For
> example, I would like to know whether rho21 is different
> from rho31 or whether rho21>rho42. Is there any way of
> doing this with Stata?

I wrote a Stata tip on that subject, which will appear in
the Stata Journal 11(2). A pre-publication draft can be
found here:

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie