st: gamplot help

From   "Matthew Baldwin, MD" <>
Subject   st: gamplot help
Date   Thu, 07 Apr 2011 18:06:59 -0400

Dear Statalist,

I have created the generalized additive model:

"gam yvar xvar, f(binomial) link(logit) df(xvar:3)"

the y-variable has a binomial distribution where 1=death at 1 year for a patient, and 0 = survival at one year.

the x-variable is a continuous variable.

when I use the GAM plotter, "gamplot xvar, nopres", What additional code should I use, or how should I change my yvar such that the y-axis plots the probability of death at 1 year?

Many thanks for your help.

Matthew Baldwin, MD
Department of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons