st: Murphy-Topel correction for standard errors

From   TEDLA HAILE <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Murphy-Topel correction for standard errors
Date   Thu, 7 Apr 2011 14:25:46 +0300

Dear All,

I am trying to run a simultaneous equation model which is modeled as;

Y*=aZ*+bX1+e1

Z*= cY*+ dX2+e2

Where each of the above two equations are ordered probit equations and
Y* and Z* are ordered latent endogenous variables which will have
ordinal values between 1up to 4

thus I am trying to fit the model by  applying 2-stage  technique for
ordered probit estimation in this way; Given the original simultaneous
equation,
I will first regress each equation via ordered probit by Stata  and
result both the reduced form equations and  have predicted values for
Y* and Z* i.e  Y^ and Z^
Next stage I will undertake ordered probit regression by replacing Y*
and Z* in the right side by predicted values Y^ and Z^ that is,

Y*=a1Z^+b1X1+z1

Z*= c1Y^+ d1X2+z2

Since standard errors have to be corrected after two stage estimation,
My  trouble is on figuring out how to extend the Murphy-Topel
correction for standard errors in a two-step model with an ordered
probit estimation. In this regard,I have been trying to adopt the code
available in Arne Risa Hole's paper, "Calculating Murphy-Topel
variance estimates in Stata: A simplified procedure." Unfortunately I
am not successful on working with it.

I would be greatful if any one can send me the stata codes to solve
this problem or any other advise to deal with it.

Best regards,

Tedila